The Washington Times Insider
, 21 February, 2005, (free registration) suggests Israel is putting pressure on America to bomb the Iranian nuclear facilities which might be producing weapons grade materials.
My idea [already posted] was the Israelis would not do it themselves because the Palestinian problem was of greater importance. I stick by this. The logic is simple:
(1) Israel knows what is going on in the Middle East, unlike America
(2) They do not plan - this time [remember Osirak?] - to attack themselves, because it will encourage Hammas and others to send in more suicide bombers. Their major concern is how many Israelis are getting out.
(3) They have nuclear weapons themselves, so know there will be no retaliation if they should decide to bomb the Iran facilities. Oil is no good if it is irradiated.
(4) They are about to leave Gaza.
- Lets hope they leave the Kibbutzim intact, not flattening them? After all, it is American money which built them.....
- I saw a Jewish Gaza woman on BBC TV, last night, moaning about the Gaza withdrawal plan. She spoke with what I took to be a Ney York accent - I wondered why she hadn't stayed in the U.S., when (a) she problably had a perfectly good home and life in America , (B) she must have had the intelligence to realise her presence in Gaza (or indeed those Americans in the West Bank) was a red rag to a bull.
- America is at gravely at fault in allowing American Jews to immigrate to Israel. They ought to be educated, before they leave, about the consequences of their acts ( not that they would care since they are religious fundamentalists/Zionists). They ought, at least, to be told they can't come back to America unless they apply as immigrants.